01/17/2018, Lewis Heilig: The Boutique Avalanche at Mont Ste Anne is pleased to offer a racing circuit for a second consecutive year, the Avalanche Boutique Cup. These races will take place in the greater Quebec City and Lanaudière region during the season, including 5 races and a final event, and all skiers who wish to participate will be welcome.
Overall, there will be 6 age categories for men and 6 for women. Based on a scoring system, participants will accumulate points throughout the season. The cumulative sum of the points will determine the season’s overall winners once the final event is held, both in the men and women categories. The more a racer participates, the more likely he or she is to be the overall winner. Medals will be awarded at the end of each race to reward top performers. In addition, prizes worth $ 1,000 (suggested retail price) will be awarded as door prizes at the end of each of the first 5 races. For the final event, the door prize value will be $ 2,000 (suggested retail price), including a grand prize.
- Race organization provided by each of the participating ski centers. All registration fees are for the ski center. The course set, timing and organization of the races as such are the responsibility of each ski center
- 6 Races in all, including 1 final event
- Saturday January 13 – Massif de Charlevoix
- Wednesday January 17th – Le Relais (evening race)
- Wednesday, February 7th – Stoneham (evening race)
- Saturday February 17th – Mont Ste-Anne
- Saturday, March 10 – Montcalm
- Saturday March 24 – Mont Ste-Anne (final)
- One GS course set, 2 runs
- 6 Categories
- Men 18-35 years old
- Men 36-50 years old
- Men 51 and over
- Women 18-35 years
- Women 36-50 years
- Women 51 and +
- The combined time of the two runs will determine the first 3 positions of each age category
- Points will be awarded as follows, by class:
- First position = 5 points
- Second position = 3 points
- Third position = 1 point
- The cumulative points for the whole season will determine the final the overall winner for the men and for the women. If the total points are identical by gender, the highest number of first place wins will break the tie. If there is still a tie, the addition of the race times will determine the overall winners.
- Trophies and medals will also be awarded at the end of the final event.
- Registration fees will be charged to each racer.
- Day races will begin at 1:00 pm. Registrations will be from 8: 30 am until noon (12: 00 pm) on the day of each race.
- The evening race will start at 7:30 pm. Registrations will be from 5:30 am until 7:00 pm on the day of the race.
- The Avalanche Boutique at Mont Ste Anne, in collaboration with the Smith, Atomic and Voyage Du Vallon, will be among the main sponsors of this circuit.
Please note that these races do not generate World Cup points for the Alpine Canada Alpin Masters program.